About this Trip

I started listening to the audio version Craig Johnson's Sheriff Walt Longmire novels and discovered a fascinating character. I think he might be the perfect man. He's been the sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming for over two decades. He's a widower (four years now). He was an English major in college--I'm an English professor--we would have much to talk about. I want to meet him (Sheriff Longmire--Walt--but I'd like to meet Craig Johnson as well). I have one slight problem. I don't know what he looks like. I do have this description, however, as Walter looks in his side-view mirror:

It was a handsome right eye, roguish yet debonaire. The right ear was also evident, a handsome ear as ears go, well formed with a disattached lobe. A sideburn had a little gray, just enough for seasoning, and it blended well with the silver-belly hat.

I loaded up my truck (I think he would like that I have a truck) and recently took off for the magic of Wyoming. I'll be listening to his books during my travels. I have to be back for the beginning of the fall semester, unless . . .


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kenny Loggins (Vaughn)

For those of you who are following my blog, I've decided to provide some of Vaughn's facebook posts here so that I can document his insanity.  I am NOT making this up, and I have not edited anything.  Note that he has had cosmetic surgery.  Not such a good idea.

Kenny Loggins was AMAZING!!! AMAZING!!! I've been singing "Footloose" LOUD ALL DAY!!! And what great hair! Did I tell you, Kenny has GREAT HAIR!!! WOW!!! oh, one thing though- apparently he didn't do the horse song, you know, "been through the dessert on a horse with no name?" yeah, well, i was screaming for him to sing that song, i mean SCREAMING!! because i really wanted to hear it... and some guy a few rows up was like, "dude, that was America. shut up." WHAT?!? America?! Really?!?! Jeez, okay, so I was wrong. I'M SORRY!!! but you know what they say, if you can remember the 80's, you weren't really there... HA-HA! LOL with a mouth full!!

Anyway, not much new on the cat. Someone from Louisiana sent some pictures in, thought it might be Mr. Poojie-bear, but I don't think so. the picture wasn't that good. But don't worry! I'm on it! I was gonna go look for him today, but man it's hot! And I'm sweating daiquiris. "Vahevala!!!!"

No comments: