About this Trip

I started listening to the audio version Craig Johnson's Sheriff Walt Longmire novels and discovered a fascinating character. I think he might be the perfect man. He's been the sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming for over two decades. He's a widower (four years now). He was an English major in college--I'm an English professor--we would have much to talk about. I want to meet him (Sheriff Longmire--Walt--but I'd like to meet Craig Johnson as well). I have one slight problem. I don't know what he looks like. I do have this description, however, as Walter looks in his side-view mirror:

It was a handsome right eye, roguish yet debonaire. The right ear was also evident, a handsome ear as ears go, well formed with a disattached lobe. A sideburn had a little gray, just enough for seasoning, and it blended well with the silver-belly hat.

I loaded up my truck (I think he would like that I have a truck) and recently took off for the magic of Wyoming. I'll be listening to his books during my travels. I have to be back for the beginning of the fall semester, unless . . .


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

E-Mail from Vaughn

Received this e-mail from Vaughn Wascovich (I've attached his picture, by the way.  To eliminate any confusion, the first image is of Vaughn.  The second is of the cat).
Susan- I am SO SORRY! I went over last night to check on the cats and water all your plants at the same time I do every night. Everything looked fine when I got there, but "whitey" was no where to be found. I mean NO WHERE. I spent several hours looking for him and even called the cops. They said there wasn't anything they could do, so today I'm going to put up some flyers around your neighborhood and see if anyone has seen him. Christ Susan, I am SO SORRY! I pulled this picture of him off your refrigerator and will use it for the sign if that's okay. Yes, I did try calling, you must be out in the middle of no where. I'm headed over to see if he shows up. Don't worry about it, I'm ON IT. 


My response:


Uhh, Vaughn, I don't have a white cat.  Are you sure you went to the right house?  I guess that means you didn't run into my housesitter. 


Anyway, thanks for thinking of me.


No comments: